Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm back? For the moment at least.

Since someone kindly pointed out to me that I was letting the blog die a slow deteriorating death, I decided to give it a little breath of life. I was quite enthusiatic about blogging about my Egypt trip actually, planning out two posts: one being a guideline of the actual trip and the other being my thoughts about the trip. I even saved it in a file called "blogegpyt.docx". Seriously.

Then I got lazy.

The day when I got back from Egpyt, I gave myself a bit of slack - I mean, I just arrived, sleep-deprived in some stinky clothes I wore and sweated in and just recovering from "mummy's tummy" which I gratitously picked up while there. It was either the cheese or the salad veggies, methinks. Ah well. Anyway, first day... no, first two days, actually, I ended up sleeping most of the time. Then it was dance class and going out with friends and spending money on fattening dinners and getting home around midnight.

Okay, so why didn't I bother updating when I got back to Sabah then?

I totally blame it on the games. Not the casual puzzle games that you can finish in a few hours, but those long-winded RPGs and First Person Shooters that I can't get around to playing during non-holidays because this is what happens:

-On holiday-

Me: Oh yay, crisis core is a really great game! ( few hours non-stop gaming)

-Semester starts-

Me: I feel like playing, but I have to finish this crap assignment, or sleep... sleeping sounds nice.

(Sleeps)

Me: Let's play! Oh crap forgot to charge it.

(Charges)
(Sleeps)

Me: Let's play!

(An hour later)

Me: Why am I where I started? What the hell am I supposed to do now again? Crap, I forgot everything. (Gets fed up and sleeps)

Me: Okay, I'm free-ish tonight, lemme play some.

(An hour later, looks at the clock)

Me: What?! I just beat a tinsy-winsy little boss! That took one hour! Damnit I really need to sleep.

(Sleeps)

And hence, I tend to be able to complete games during the holidays only. So I love to make full use of it.

You know what, I blame it on everything except me (although I'm blaming it mainly on laziness, does that count as "me" or another entity entirely? haha). And to compensate for the lack of the long, lovely holiday post, here's a picture of the pyramids - I TOOK IT WITH MY OWN CAMERA. SRSLY.

Whee, the pyramids of Giza!

Anyway to sum up the trip: very very interesting, loved the history even though I wasn't a history buff at all, hot down south around Luxor, not a place to go for fun but rather more for experience. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the trip, but it's not exactly the place to go for kids, or if you're looking for someplace to unwind and have spas... or maybe go to amusement parks and shop and things like that. The culture is rich and so different and the ancient civlisations are amazing though.

So I'm taking up a month's job at my cousin's firm at the moment. Growing sideways, trying to stop eating and complaining about being fat but still refuses to go exercise. And apparently losing a bit of my sanity - judging from the way I wrote this post, haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the pictures you took :)

lol totally understand the unwillingness to exercise :D here's to growing horizontally, my friend. cheers :)