Monday, September 22, 2008

Why Sitting in a Teacup?

I'm Patricia and this is my fresh, new blog -- Sitting in a Teacup.

Why sitting in a teacup, you ask?

It's certainly nothing to do with the rides at Disneyland, trust me.

Not exactly about cute little animals sitting in teacups, although I wouldn't totally rule out any influence from that possibility. I am a sucker for little fluff balls anyway.

I'm being totally random because I couldn't come up with other blog names? Partly.

Well, mainly because I like tea. But why not just tealeaves or teacups? Why sitting in a teacup out of all things?

I believe there's a huge world out there and part of being human is wanting to see as much as they can in life, but people hardly ever sit down and look around and be content once in a while. I'm not saying staying around and not exploring options is good, just that sometimes I feel one just needs to take time and appreciate the things around you instead of rushing off trying to get something better, something stronger, something newer. And I tell myself that sometimes too.

Hence, me, sitting in a teacup - symbolising a comfortable place where I can be content and appreciate things, sort of isolated from the outside world, but when I look up I can still see the sky...

Okay, maybe it wasn't about the whole "being content and appreciating" thing, maybe it was about the little animals in teacups. =p

So yes, this is how the name came about.

And this blog, is mainly describing my activities with my friends, or anything that happened to me in one day - sort of a personal blog, I guess. Since I've been quite a failure in the updating sector for my previous blogs, I'll promise myself to update this blog at least once a week, even if it means blathering on about random stuff. I might include my opinions on show episodes, words or basically anything else under the sun.

And it's a way to (*cough*annoymyfriends*cough*) connect as well =)

Do let me know if you want to link me, or if you want to be linked. Thanks! And that's all for now.

No comments: